Friday, November 09, 2007

The Coolest Art Project--

If you take this.....

And use these......

You can do this!!!

This is one of the funnest Tye-dye's ever. This site has really cool experiment to do with science. The tye dye was done with permanent markers and rubbing alcohol. So simple to do that even my youngest can do it. (with adult supervision of course ;)) To start with you take a white t-shirt and place a plastic cup underneath. (we just used old plastic containers) . Attach the t-shirt to it with an elastic. Let your child draw whatever design they want on the spot. When finished take a dropper and drop the rubbing alcohol in the center of the design. For a little better directions click here, they even have a video to watch. I hope everyone enjoys this project as much as we have.

6 comments:

Frankie said...

I did this with my Cub Scouts a couple years ago. We got really funky and used square plastic baskets instead of cups. Then we drew long squiggly lines. It ended up looking like tire tracks. I even made a shirt for myself.

I think it is a great project and the shirts turned out wonderful.

T has a few white tshirts that I just bought for projects. I think it's time to do this project again.

Garden State Kate said...

Awesome project!
Thanks for the link...we will check it out this weekend without the little one around.lol

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Now I see how you braved it again! What a great idea! Maybe we'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

I have to try this! I am making up a supply list for my next trip to town. You have the best ideas!

Anonymous said...

I love this project and featured it on The Crafty Crow! I couldn't find your email but if you get in touch with me I have a button just for contributor's to send to you :)

sea(at)cox-internet(dot)com

Two Dollars said...

oh good, i was looking for some type of project to hide stained white shirts and this is it!