Thursday, March 05, 2009

How to make a Kokeshi Doll...

Well we just finished up our study on Japan. I thought that I would share our last project that we did for Japan. We made Kokeshi dolls. Dolls are very important in the japanese culture.
They have lots of celebrations based around them. So I thought that I would show you how to make the ones that we made.
Step one -- Glue a ball on top of a toilet paper roll. The directions recommended that you use a tin foil ball. I had a few extra styrofoam balls that I thought would be good to use.
Step two -- Once you have glued the ball on paper mache the whole doll. Let dry.

Step Three -- Once the doll has completly dried paint the face and hair on.
The final step is to add on some clothes. A robe and a sash.
If you want to learn more about this, I got the directions from this book. Hope you find this fun. If you make some of your own please let me know because I would love to see it.



No comments: