Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Recently I have been seeing on some other blogs about taking a classic painting and have the kids recreate them. My oldest son is a budding artist so I thought that this would be a really fun idea for him. We had an art book from the library called Cave Paintings to Picasso by Henry Sayre, He chose a photo from there to recreate. I thought that I would share a picture of the original so you can see how much a like it is. The photo in the book was cut a little shorter so the wall and hands were not in there. This is why in Sam's it is missing.

The Son Of Man

Rene' Magritte

1964

Son Of Man

Sam Gottfredsen

2007

5 comments:

Sha said...

Heather, he did a really great job! Very nice. I really like that idea, I think I may steal it for us today. We're having a "non-traditional" school week, and I think throwing in some art would be good.

Oh, and I'd love for you to share the site with the countries information!!
Shauna

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Wow, Heather he IS quite the artist. Excellemt work Sam.

Gottfredsen said...

Thanks guys. He was really pleased with it. He has now moved on to working on a couple of his favorite Van Goghs'.

randi said...

What a neat idea. My son is just starting out with acrylics and I will have him do something like this the next time he paints!

Garden State Kate said...

That is so cool!
I've been wanting to do something similar with P, but haven't found the time...great job Sammy!!