Monday, February 04, 2008

Where has the time gone....
Was it really last Tuesday since I posted? I guess so. Well I will recap for you. On Wednesday I decided to take a "sick" day. The kids are having lessons 7 days a week, plus with all the other work I have to do around here, it was getting to be a little much. So when I told Sam of this idea I thought that he would be fine with it. NOPE!! The kid is crazy. When I said wouldn't it be nice to have a day off. He said no and asked if he could plan some of his own lessons than. Go for it kid. Of course Gabe was fine with it, ment more play time for him. I had very good intentions to get some house work done that day, but you know what happens when you get the best of intentions. Nothing gets done. I have to say it felt really good to just sit and do nothing all day. I did pay for it the next day though. A whole lot more cleaning to do. The kids and I took the next day and just cleaned the whole day. So that brings us up to friday. I got inspiration from Kate, since it was national Freedom Day she let here daughter choose her work so I did the same thing for the boys. They loved it. After DH left for work Friday morning I waled outin the Living room to find this.....
The boys love their new globes that they got for christmas. They spent the morning learning about different countries. You can see that Sam is reading a book in the picture too, It is a kids atlas so that he can learn even more. Well then the day got worse. Dh came home for lunch and informed me that the car was dead and we were going to need a new one. That stinks we had to run errands over the weekend. I can promise you that grocery shopping with out a car is not fun. A trip to the library with out one is no picnic either. So things had to pick up some where...
This is how mine picked up. I found these two snuggled up watching a show. That does a heart good to see them be so nice to each other. Well we decided to rent a car for the weekend to get the errands done. That is what picked my three guys up, they loved what we got. Keep in mind we were driving a mercury sable. A nice car and all, but see here to see what we got for the weekend. So much fun. I have to admit it perked my mood more to. LOL.
I just felt the need to share this picture. Not sure what was in his hand but he seemed pretty pleased with it. He is such a cutie. So Saturday was spent doing errands. A pretty decent day. Then comes sunday. Not to bad of a day either. The boys worked on their unplug your kids project. It was with pipe cleaners. Well I was so proud of them because I was the only one here and I was very busy, so of course I was being bad and letting them waatch some shows from the library. Well I looked over at one point and saw this....
They had turned off the T.V. and put on the raio with out even being asked. Then they started working on the project. They love boats so they made one. They used some pipe cleaners to decorate and connect the boats. It was very cute.
Gabe of course wanted to include his little people for the ride. They were having a good time with it until they went to test it out. We let them put water in the bathtub to try it. That is when the bad part of the day happened here. Sam sitting on the side of the tub fell in...backwards. He hit the back of his head pretty good. Had a nice size bump on the back of the head. Thankfully he is ok and no bump on the head this morning. I am sure that you understand that he did not feel up to playing with it anymore. Gabe did a little later though, he took a bath with it and had a blast.
Well then our day turned to this. Gabe wanted daddy to fly on his legs (just so everyone knows dh did hold his own weight up, Gabe is not really as strong as he thinks. All though those little legs are really strong. LOL)
Gabe decided he needed a turn on daddy's legs. He had a blast flying.
Then Sam feeling much better from his accident decided he wanted to try to.
Then after all of that we watched the Super Bowl. Needless to say sports in this house is interesting. I was raised a New England Fan and Dh was raised a New York Fan. So during Baseball it is my Red Sox to his Yankees and football of course, We could not miss this game. I just new one of us was going to bed pleased. Of course it was him. Oh well, I will give the Giants credit they played a great game last night. Oh and today is a sad day around here. TAX SEASON starts. The kids saw their dad this morning for a little bit and will not see him again until tomorrow morning. I hate tax season. Only 70 more days after this though. We are going to miss him so much. Oh one last note please check out the other entries at unplug your kids.
I will try to post more tomorrow.

6 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Hope his head is better.
Looks like you had some "productive" down time.
Glad you had some fun with your rental car..I miss my mustang..it was my first car.:-(
Sorry to hear hubby will be MIA, but the 15th will be here sooner than you think (can't wait..it's my b-day)!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry your little one bonked his head in the process, but those boats were really cool. I hope tax time goes quickly for all of you!

Tamara said...

Fun, fun, fun! Neat to see what everyone is up to.

Andree said...

Ouch! That hurt. I'm glad he's OK and back to his bouncy self!

Mrs. Darling said...

Poor kid!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Sam. It is so sad when they hurt themselves while having fun!

I really like their project. That was clever to use those styrofoam trays and pipecleaners to make boats.

I am glad you got a day off, even though the price you had to pay was mess! That's always the way it is here too.