Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A little bit of cooking.......

So a lot of baking has been going around here lately.  The kids are loving getting in the kitchen and trying out new recipes.  They especially love it when a recipe comes from another country.  One of the recipes that we did the other day was Pavlova, it is a popular dessert in Australia.  Since we are studying Australia right now the kids could not wait to try it.  I found the recipe on allrecipes, there was a few different recipes for it but this is the one that I used.  It was very yummy, really sweet though.


Looks so good right.  We used fresh blueberries to top it.  I was going to put strawberries but was all out when I made it.

Doesn't that look so good (trust me it was :0))

I made some minty brownies today.  They were so good, the nice and fudgy texture with a nice taste of mint.  I mentioned them on facebook and I had a friend ask for the recipe so I thought that I would share it here for everyone.  I got the recipe from my Hershey cookbook.  It is called Perfectly Peppermint brownies.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2/3 cup butter melted and divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups a/p flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 or 17 peppermint patties, chopped ( I used Andees mints from the baking section)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350'F.  Grease 13x9x2 pan.
2. stir together cocoa and baking soda, stir in 1/3 cup butter.  Add boiling water, stir until thickens.  Stir in sugar eggs and remaining butter until smooth.  Add flour, vanilla, and salt, blend.  Stir in peppermint patties (or mints, LOL).  Pour into pan.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
4.  Enjoy yummy goodness


So what are you baking in your kitchen?

No comments: