Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Books....

I normally blog about story books each week. Which is a lot of fun because there are so many great story books out there. This week though I wanted to do something a little different. We love research books and activity books here, so I thought that I would share some of our favorites with everyone.
Transformed by Bill Slavin. This is a really interesting book because it explains in simple terms how different things from our everyday life is made. Things like baseballs and pasta, even cat litter.
Gardening Wizardy for Kids by L. Patricia Kite. This book is designed for kids that have little or no land to do gardening with. Living in a very small apartment makes it perfect for us. The book is filled history and legend of different items. It also includes many different activities to do.

Crafty Activities. I find it handy to have book like this around for when I have those moments that I can not think of a single thing to do. This is a great book because the are so simple and and teach many different techniques. It is also is great in our home because it is filled with projects from around the world. This makes Sam very happy. LOL
So what are some of the books that you are all using to make learning more fun. I would love to check them out.


1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

nice selection...I have been meaning to get to a post about some of our own books as well, but just have too many library books out..lol