Monday, November 07, 2011

Morikami

Yesterday was the last day that my father in law was here.  We decided to take him to the Morikami Museum and Gardens.  It is so beautiful there.  It was a great way to end his trip.  It was such a beautiful day to walk around the Gardens.  I thought that I would share some of the pictures from our day.  Keep in mind this is a heavy photo entry (but it is not all of my photos from the day).  On with the pictures.

These two shots are from the entry way.  We had not even got inside yet.  You can just tell this place is going to be stunning.  (Sam heard me saying the word stunning while we were there.  He was like "I love that word.  Hehe sometimes it is so easy to make a kid happy.  Alright enough of my sidetrack back to the pictures)

This was one of the first bridges that we came to and the boys posed with Grandpa on it.
Very cool statue there.  Rob asked if anyone wanted to play basketball.  Sam knew right away what he ment and told him that was the mayans that played basketball that way.  That is our little encyclopedia boy  (That is what Gabe calls him, LOL)
A really cool tree that the boys thought looked like a bunch of dinner plates.
All of the guys in front of the lake, (Three Generations)
A really cool spot out in the lake.  I could picture relaxing up under those trees and reading a good book.  What a wonderful way to spend a day don't you think?
This was a photo that Sam took of the museum on the other side of the lake.  He loves taking photos in black and white.  I think that he did such a wonderful job on this picture.

Another one of the many cool bridges around. 
My cutie pies.  Love them so much.
LOL  this kid never fails to please.  I asked him if he would do a silly pose under the gate so that I could take a picture.  He certianly did deliver on that. 
Posing by one of the rock gardens. 
Rob took this photo.  I love the purple of the flowers.  I also think that he did a great job on the photo too.
Another rock garden.
I just love this bridge shot.  It looks like it could be a postcard. 

There was turtles all over the place, Sunning themselves on the rocks.
I love waterfalls.  This little area was filled with some of the biggest Koi fish that I have ever seen.
When we made it around to the other side of the lake the kids went into the museum.  It was a very cute little children's musuem.  This is a replica of how some seats looked on the bullet train.  Gabe says that the seats are very comfy!
Then they got to experience what it was like to sit in  a Japanese classroom.  LOL Sam is always happy to have a chance to learn. 
Checking out what it would be like to sit at a Japanese table.
Exploring the cupboards in the kitchen with Grandpa.
Standing outside the museum.  The museum itself was set up like an actual Japense home.
Another stunning bridge. This time I was not the only one that thought so.  Look who else did.
Sam did.  He wanted me to take his picture on it.  I definetly did because unfortunaly he is getting to the point in life that he really does not want his picture taken.  I jump at all the chances that he does ask for them. 
It was a really great time.  The kids got a new book at the gift shop called All About Japan.  They were so excited to read on the way home.  It really is an excellent book.  If you are ever looking for a good one about Japan I recommend it.  I hope that you enjoyed all of the photos.  Until next time have a great one.

No comments: