Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A New Game

The other day when we went to the dollar store, I found these great set of flash cards. I have a pretty big collection of the Planet Earth products now, so of course I had to have these to. It does not hurt that I love flash cards. Don't know why just have to have them. Unfortunetly the kids do not feel as passionate about them as I do. LOL. They will look at them a couple of times then they get put into the bin to collect dust. This time I was determined to make sure that did not happen. So scroll down and see what I did......
The Kids love games so I made one. I took all the flash cards and made question cards from them. Then I took a file folder to make a game board for it. I even used stickers from our Planet Earth Sticker books (like I said BIG collection) to decorate the board.
My Dh has a ton more computer skills than I do so he designed the game board for it. I think he did a great job. We played it for the first time and it was so much fun. I only had one set of flash card questions done, so I have got to make others now. Now the cards will get use because Sam does not like to lose, so he plans on studying alot. HeHeHe my little plan is working.

4 comments:

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

That's so cool! I love that idea... and we love Planet Earth too. I'll have to keep an eye out for the flashcards in our dollar stores. :)

Unknown said...

WOW! Those cards are great! I would love a set...which dollerstore did u get them at? We prolly dont have them but I will look.

Garden State Kate said...

That is very cool!!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool. You need a title for your post so I can put it in my Shared Items.

I love Flash Cards too. ;)