Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The return of the book list....

Wow it has been along time since I have gotten a book list up. We have gone through some really good books to, just not enough time to post them. Hopefully I can straighten things out and start posting again more regurally on everything. Here's hoping! Count Me A Rhyme by Jane Yolen -- First of all I love any Jane Yolen books and this is no exception. She made some beautiful counting poems about animals. There are wonderful pictures to go along with all of the animal poems to. Monkey Business by Wallace Edwards -- This is a book all about idioms and how they would look if they were translated literally. They are complimented by so many beautiful drawings in this book. Then to top it off they have a little picture find on every page, They hide a monkey on every page. A very fun topic for my boys.
Yo-Yo Man by Daniel Pinkwater -- A great story to teach kids when you are having a rough time with something, try to focus on something you can control. Like learning a new skill, maybe a yo-yo. Dear Deer by Gene Barretta -- As a homeschooling mom I am always looking for fun ways to teach subjects. English becomes a bit tough to make fun and intersting. That is what I like when I find books like this, a fun way to teach certain topics in english. This one is all about Homophones.

2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Dear Deer was enjoyed here as well.;-) Great picks..I love Jane Yolen's books too.

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey, I got my Dr Suess cards! Wgat a fun gift! Thank you so much!